Does Soy burn longer than parraffin?
Absolutely! In fact, it is a documented fact in my business! We tested this with our own soy candles against a leading brand candle purchased at a large retail outlet. We had seen this advertised in many places claiming that soy burned longer. We also looked into why it burned longer and the answer we all came up with was backed by the fact that soy burns COOLER than paraffin waxes, so therefore does not consume itself as fast. Our 8 0z. candle was tested multiple times and was found to have atl east 100 hours of burn time as long as the warning label directions were followed. Always keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch!
Are Soy Candles Really Earth Friendly?
Yes, in more way's than one. For one thing, soy is a completely renewable source. It is grown here in the United States, supports American Farming and also supports the American Econemy. It produces little to no black soot, and is very clean burning. There are no stabilizers, no color preservatives and best of all, it cleans up easily, if spilled, with hot, soapy water.
Is the soy candle safe for animals and small birds?
Our Soy Candles with Fragrance oil is NOT safe for any small birds! The candle itself will not harm your small pet or bird as long as there in NO FRAGRANCE in the candle, and the wick is lead free. We use only 100 % cotton wicks, so if you have small animals or birds, I do suggest that you order a soy candle with no fragrance.
Do Soy Candles leave your walls and ceiling with Black Soot?
Well, I have never had it happen in over 5 years and all soy candle producers claim the "NO BLACK SOOT!" The truth is that all candles produce some form of soot. It is a by product of the act of burning. The Soy candle produces Very little to no black soot, providing that you keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 of an inch, and try not to burn no longer than 3 hours. The Spent Soy itself releases into the air as a form of soot, but it is odorless and colorless, so yes, rarely, do I ever see Black Soot. If anything, it will leave a small residue of oil into your home, but not enough for you to have to re-paint your walls and celings anytime.